We are a band based in Limerick, Ireland. We are Surly.

Monday, November 07, 2005

Curb your Electrocution

One may recall my problems with electricity in the past. I took the first step when I admitted I had a problem. Then it was time for action. I identified problematic items and areas in the factory and took care to avoid interacting with them unnecessarily. I avoided touching the printing desk and the toilet lightswitch housing for example. I kept my hands away from radiators too. However, touching the door handle of a colleague's office could not be simply cut from my item interaction diet. It was a staple. So I invented a method of brushing my palm along the metal doorframe to earth myself before touching the handle. It worked superbly. I thought my days of static discharge were over, much to my delight.

Then this morning I hit rock bottom. When you become secure in your new self you sometimes forget that you once had a problem. I was shocked by my own PC. Now I don't know who I am anymore. Even the door handle has given me a few mild shocks already today. My t-shirt is filthy from all the dirt attracted by the mild electrical field I'm emmiting. Toast crumbs clung for dear life to my polystyrene cup of tea at breakfast.

I'm a wreck. Updates to follow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home